- More likely to be a student of color (domestic student identifying as African American, Latinx, Asian American, Native American/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Two or more races)
- More likely to be first generation
- Less likely to earn AP credit.
- More likely to test into developmental math.
Understanding today's students
$3,910unmet need of Fall 2020 first time beginners not retained at IUPUI.
57%retention rate of Fall 2020 Beginners with more than $10K in unmet need (compared to 77% for those with no unmet need).
42% of Fall 2021 beginners received a Pell Grant their first semester at IUPUI.
IUPUI students who receive a Federal Pell Grant...
- Have significantly lower high school GPA
- Register for courses later
- Earn significantly lower GPA in their first academic year
Source: IUPUI Institutional Research and Decision Support
Top 10 reasons to refer a student to The Office of Student Advocacy and Support
Students at IUPUI have support in the form of The Office of Student Advocacy and Support. When the unexpected happens to your students and they don't know where to go, they can help.
Location: Campus Center 270 (2nd floor)
1. Enrollment Concerns
2. Outstanding balances on their account
3. Absence notification during emergency
4. Concerns outside the classroom
5. Basic needs not met
6. Financial aid or bursar clarification
7. Hungry and without a meal plan
8. Volunteer opportunities
9. Cannot afford textbooks
10. Concerns with
Help Me R.O.A.R.
Jag R.O.A.R. (Registry of Options and Resources) is a “one-stop shop” for information on campus and local community resources within a 5-mile radius of IUPUI. Find details about assistance with childcare, clothing, food, legal services, and more.